These muffins are a great treat. They taste great, and they have no processed sugar in them. They’re gluten-free, and dairy-free too. The point of the cayenne pepper is to draw out the flavours more rather than to burn your mouth. Spice veterans may need more heat to help this.
- 2-3 apples (size dependent) blitzed up into a paste
- 1 Banana, ripe to over-ripe mashed with a fork (helps with the texture and moisture of the muffin)
- 3 – 4 eggs depending on size
- ¼ Cup Cocoa powder
- 1/4 Cup coconut oil or vegetable oil
- ½ cup of Coconut flour
- Pinch of salt
- 1 Tsp vanilla essence
- 1 Tsp baking soda
- 2 Tsp Honey (Optional for those who like more sweetness but really not necessary)
- Crushed walnuts or other nuts for texture (optional)
- 1 Tsp of cayenne pepper depending on your tastes and ability to handle heat (the point of the spice is to draw out the flavours of the muffin rather than to burn your mouth. Spice veterans may need more spice to help this.)
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees C.
- Grease a muffin pan.
- Mix all ingredients into a medium sized bowl.
- Let sit 5 minutes.
- Use ⅓ cup measure to spoon into muffin tins.
- Bake 12-15 minutes until starting to brown and not soft when lightly touched on the top.
- Let cool and serve.